Cannawayz reserves the right to change our policy at any time. When we do so, we will notify you either via email, text message, website or service update, or a box that you will check to acknowledge your assent to our changed terms.
Utilizing Your Information
We use your information solely for these purposes:
- The creation of and to secure your User Account (as defined by the Terms) on the Services;
- Identify you as a User
- Improve our services
- Provide feedback and user base demographics to third-party businesses listed on the Websites or Services;
- Communicate with you about your use of the Services;
- Track usage of the Websites and Services;
- Backup our systems and allow for data recovery
- Fulfill your requests and provide customer support;
- Advertise towards your preferences
- Protect, investigate, prevent and potentially take action against possible fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Respond to your requests for customer service;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users;
We may also use your information to verify your geographic location. We may use your geographic location data to personalize and improve our Websites or Services, to recommend content, or determine whether the information you have requested is available in your location.
How Cannawayz Discloses Your Information
- We may share your personal information with your consent or at your direction, including with third parties fulfilling orders or requests you place on our Websites.We may also share your information with others who perform services on our behalf.
- We also may disclose your information if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or to protect Cannawayz, our Websites, and Services; or any rights, property, or personal safety of Cannawayz or others.
- We may share your information with any of our affiliates.
Information We May Collect
- Account Information: If you create an account on any of the Websites or Services (a “User Account”), we may store and use your full name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, zip, and other information you may provide with your User Account, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, may be publicly displayed as part of your User Account profile. We may also store and use information regarding your means of age verification (e.g., driver’s license) or medical marijuana recommendation, including your recommending doctor’s name and license number, contact information, verification methodology, and verification number. We may also store information on your order history and preferences with respect to orders placed from your account.
- Public Content: The information that you contribute through or post on the Websites or Services is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, posts, events, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and basic User Account profile information. We may display this information through the Websites or Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third-party sites and services.
- Communications: When you sign up for a User Account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other Cannawayz users, businesses, and Cannawayz itself. While you can manage some of your e-mail preferences, please note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Cannawayz. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Cannawayz or through the Websites or Services, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Websites or Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Websites or Services. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Websites or Services via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, e-mails, and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Cannawayz, we may contact you, including by phone or e-mail, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
- If you initiate a transaction through any of our Websites or Services we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, e-mail, and credit card information, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. Cannawayz does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure that may advertise content directly to you on behalf of such parties. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology. If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Websites or Services, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Websites or Services, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the actions you take, the date and time of your visit, businesses you call or e-mail using our mobile applications, and purchases you make through the Transactable Sites. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Websites, Services, or Transactable Sites, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon-based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by disabling “Location Services” for the Cannawayz application in iOS privacy settings. We note that disabling Location Services may adversely impact the Website or Services experience and functionality and enabling such services may be necessary in some cases to allow certain transactions.
Understand that it may be possible to disable some Cookies through your device or browser settings but doing so may affect the functionality of the Websites and Services.
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- We may rely on third-party providers to support or provide some of the features and options that are available through the Websites or Services. We may also rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Websites or Services, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Websites or Services, promotional and contest features, Transactable Sites’ product listings and brand management, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third-party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, affiliates, partners, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Websites or Services. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers, brand managers, and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements, or certain products available on any of our Websites.
- Businesses on Cannawayz: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender, your devices, and your use of the Websites, Services, and/or Transactable Sites (such as which businesses you bookmark or call)) with businesses listed on Cannawayz. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that businesses may see your Public Content (as defined in Section 2 above) and receive information about your transactions with them in the Transactable Sites, regardless of your settings. Additionally, if you make a phone call to a business through or in connection with your use of the Websites or Services, we may share basic information about your call with the business that you contacted, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number (and other information that would have been available to the business had you contacted them directly, and not through the Websites or Services). You may be able to limit our ability to collect and share your phone number through your phone’s settings or phone service provider.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with federal, state, or local legal process and legally binding law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites, Services, or Transactable Sites; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, clients, partners, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with our Consumer Alerts program. If you flag or otherwise complain to Cannawayz about content available through the Websites, Services, or items on the Transactable Sites, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content or product in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond and/or remedy the situation.
- Contests and Promotions: We may sometimes offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Websites or Services that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, personal information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
User Account Termination and Data Collection
The Websites or Services are intended for adults only and require that users be no less than eighteen (18) years of age. Please note that certain of the Websites and Services require you to be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to access and use such Websites and Services. Please check the applicable terms and conditions for such Websites and Services for further information. Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) (or twenty-one (21) for applicable Websites and Services) are prohibited from creating a User Account and profile, accessing the Websites or Services, and/or purchasing products on the Transactable Sites. If you become aware that an underage user has created a User Account using false, stolen, or otherwise misleading information, please contact us immediately.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. This includes using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which is software that encrypts the information you input. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
To most efficiently serve you when placing orders through our Transactable Sites site, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third-party banking managers, processing agents, and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order. Within the Transactable Sites, your information is kept on password-protected, limited access servers. Wherever possible and applicable, the Transactable Sites’ servers reside behind a corporate firewall that maintains controls on access to the system from both our internal network and the Internet.
Please note that we store, cache, index, utilize, analyze and make derivatives of your data and personal information in compliance with any and all United States data transfer laws. We agree to attempt to comply with all United States laws regarding such data.
Please note that we take the privacy of our users seriously and therefore take steps to safeguard your personal information, including assuring an adequate level of data protection in accordance with international standards. If you would like additional information about your personal data and its use in connection with the Websites and Services, including revising any incorrect information, please contact the Data Privacy Manager at the address in Section 10 above. We will take such steps as we deem necessary to confirm your identity before sharing any personal data with you. We will attempt to respond to proper and confirmed requests relating to personal data within thirty (30) days, or as otherwise required by applicable law. If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handled, you may refer your request to your country’s data management authority. In the European Union, any such request should be directed to the Data Protection Authority in your EU Member State.
How We Process Your Data:
We collect data that is given to us from your initial registration. We collect personal identifiers such as names, aliases, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, internet protocol addresses, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, or other similar identifiers.
We may also collect your geolocation, Personal Information listed in the California Consumer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), age, commercial information of products purchased, Services rendered, or other purchasing and consuming data. We collect this information when you voluntarily send us this information through our Website and Services. When you sign up for a User Account using our Services, or otherwise interact with us, you permit us to collect and store your data. We may also receive your information from third parties like Retailers.
We use this information to provide you with our Websites and Services, to communicate with you and offer you personalized deals, as well as perform any data analytics and necessary market research. We do so to improve our User’s experience, comply with legal obligations and protect our Websites and Services.
We share this information with our affiliates, service providers, and business partners such as Retailers, Shops, Doctor’s Offices, Deliveries, etc.
Managing and Deleting Your Data:
You have the right to access, edit, review, and delete the information you provide us as part of your registration information. Users may delete their account manually, via their Profile Settings. Alternatively, Users may send an email to email@example.com requesting the deletion of their information. You are responsible for the information that you provide us, and you must maintain the accuracy of your personal account information for us to provide the best service possible to you.
Your Right to Cancel or Modify Communications
You have the right to opt-out of any e-mail marketing communications you may be receiving from us. You may do so from your individual Profile, or you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting us to remove you from our communications list.
Related to California Residents
Only residents from California may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. Please allow up to 30 days for an official response. You may send a request here: email@example.com
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION!
The information we collect is for our purposes only. We do not “sell” your personal information and we will not sell it without providing you the opportunity to opt-out.
Do Not Track
Cannawayz will track its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide intelligent advertising and does not respond to any Do Not Track requests (which may be accessed via specific phone controls). Please understand that some third-party sites may keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to advertise specifically for your needs.